It appears that yet another celebrity couple has come to an end after it was recently announced that actors Lisa Bonet & Jason Momoa have decided to get a divorce following over four years of marriage and a relationship that’s spanned almost two decades.
The news was made public by way of a shared public statement released today, which Momoa posted to his Instagram followers. You can read the full statement below:
“We have all felt the squeeze and changes of these transformational times… A revolution is unfolding ~and our family is of no exception… feeling and growing from the seismic shifts occurring
And so~ We share our Family news~
That we are parting ways in marriage.
We share this not because we think it’s newsworthy ~
But so that~ as we go about our lives we may do so with dignity and honesty.
The love between us carries on, evolving in ways it wishes to be known and lived.
We free each other ~to be who we are learning to become…
Our devotion unwavering
to this sacred life
& our Children
Teaching our Children
What’s possible ~
Living the Prayer
May Love Prevail
J & L”
Momoa and Bonet are said to have began dating back in 2005 and eventually got married in October 2017. They share two kids together, 14-year-old Lola and 13-year-old Nakoa-Wolf. Momoa also has been a stepfather to Bonet’s eldest daughter, fellow actress Zoë Kravitz, who she shares from a previous relationship with iconic musician Lenny Kravitz.
We pray that these two find peace in their decision to part ways, and continue to foster a healthy co-parenting environment for their kids.
READ MORE STORIES ON BLACKAMERICAWEB.COM:
We Tried To Make It Work: Divorced Celebs
1. Mike Epps1 of 13
2. Tamar Braxton & Vincent filed for divorce2 of 13
3. Janet Jackson has been divorced...twice.3 of 13
4. Lisa Bonet and Lenny Kravitz were once husband and wife.4 of 13
5. Jill Scott5 of 13
6. Gina Torres & Laurence Fishburne were officially divorced in October of 20176 of 13
7. Tisha Campbell Martin & Duane Martin7 of 13
8. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown8 of 13
9. Stephen Belafonte & Melanie Brown9 of 13
10. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs10 of 13
11. Mary J. Blige & Kendu Isaacs11 of 13
12. Usher & Grace Miguel12 of 13
13. Usher & Grace Miguel13 of 13
Lisa Bonet & Jason Momoa Announce Divorce After Over 4 Years Of Marriage was originally published on blackamericaweb.com