Da Brat is coming to the TV screens like never before with ‘Brat Loves Judy.’ In her new reality TV series on WEtv, Brat will be opening up about her life and also her relationship with her girlfriend, Jesseca Dupart.
Though Brat isn’t a stranger to reality TV being seen on shows like “Growing Up Hip-Hop Atlanta” and “The Rap Game,” but with this show she’s taking a different spin. The focus will be on the relationship between the two and how their worlds collide.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD OUR APP AND TAKE US WITH YOU ANYWHERE!
“This show is going to show the most cream-puffish side of me that the world has ever seen, because I never show that,” Brat explains. “I’ve always felt like I should keep that side for only people that I already know and that love me already. So, they’re gonna really get a serious inside look of my vulnerability, and my love for [Judy].”
Da Brat, whose real name is Shawntae Harris, recently shared her coming out story last year and shared how Judy made it a more comfortable experience. The couple lived very private lives and decided to go public in 2020. The rapper spoke about the stigma of being gay in the industry and worried about judgment from her grandmother and her mom, but decided to finally live in her truth.
“It feels good to be able to show the world our love. Hopefully people can relate to what we do and how we move and how we process things and how we conquer things,” Brat told ESSENCE.
Text “RICKEY” to 71007 to join the Rickey Smiley Morning Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
“They can expect to see two beautiful boss b—hes in love and the things that we go through. Just like regular people,” Da Brat says. “We’re regular people. We have hearts, our hearts get broken, we go through love and we go through pain and we go through arguments and we go through working it out and we communicate with each other and we fix it. And it’s not always easy to be fixed. We’re just being us.”
Brat Loves Judy premieres Thursday at 9 p.m. ET on WE tv.
Text “HUSTLE” to 71007 to join The Morning Hustle Show mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
10 Times Da Brat Made Her Own Fashion Statements On The Red Carpet
1. DA BRAT AT THE SOUL TRAIN MUSIC AWARDS, 1998Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. DA BRAT AT THE SOUL TRAIN MUSIC AWARDS, 2014Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. DA BRAT AT THE SCREENING OF LIFETIME'S "THE RAP GAME'" 2016Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. DA BRAT AT THE VH1 HIP HOP HONORS, 2016Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. DA BRAT AT THE BLACK MUSIC HONORS, 2017Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. DA BRAT AT THE URBAN ONE HONORS, 2018Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. DA BRAT AT THE TRUMPET AWARDS, 2019Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. DA BRAT ATTENDED THE SCREENING OF "POWER, INFLUENCE, & HIP HOP: THE REMARKABLE RISE OF SO SO DEF", 2019Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. DA BRAT AT THE LEADERS & LEGENDS BALL, 2020Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. DA BRAT AT TAMMY RIVERA'S PRIVATE ALBUM LISTENING PARTY, 2020Source:Getty 10 of 10
HEAD BACK TO THEMORNINGHUSTLE.COM HOME PAGE
We Will See Da Brat Open Up About Her Relationship In New Reality Show, ‘Brat Loves Judy’ was originally published on rickeysmileymorningshow.com